Unify Credit Union



If you like what we do, tell your friends and family. 

The success of Unify is down to you, our members and we rely on you to spread the word.  If you have friends who you feel would benefit from membership, let them know too.

You could also let us know if we have provided excellent customer service.

 customer service

If you feel that one of our team has gone above and beyond to help you, let our CEO know via info@unifycu.org

Have we let you down?

poor customer service

We aim to offer our members consistent, high quality and value for money services. We can only do this with your help. If we have let you down, please tell us.

If you make a complaint we believe you deserve six things:

A complaint is defined as:

Our commitment to you

Your first steps

The best way to make a complaint depends on how the situation arose. If an officer of the credit union has written to you or is already dealing with you, you should make contact with that person, either by telephone, or in writing or by calling into the credit union’s office. Alternatively, please address your complaint to the Complaints Officer, Unify Credit Union, 13 Smithy Green, Ince, Wigan WN2 2AT.

Tips on making a written complaint


If you are still unhappy

In the majority of cases, complaints can be resolved quickly and to everyone’s satisfaction. If not, please ask for your complaint to be referred to the Complaints officer in line with the credit union’s internal complaints procedure.

The Complaints Officer has special responsibility for complaints within the credit union. They will undertake an independent review on your behalf and provide you with a written response.

If your complaint has been taken through the credit union’s internal complaints procedure and you are dissatisfied with the credit union’s final response letter, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

What is the Financial Ombudsman service?

The Financial Ombudsman Service, sometimes referred to as the FOS, has been set up to provide customers with a free and independent service to resolve disputes with financial providers.

If you have a complaint that you cannot resolve with your bank, building society, credit union, insurance company, mortgage or pension provider then you may be able to take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Before you take your complaint to the ombudsman, you must first have tried to resolve your complaint through the internal complaints procedure of the credit union.

Further information is available from:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall


E14 9SR

Telephone: 0845 080 1800

Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Talk to us if you are unhappy with our services – but let everyone know if you are happy with the service you receive too!

Only our members have access to these great Starter Loan rates. Become a member today!



If you want to save for a rainy day or a holiday, a Unify account is quick and easy.


If you need a loan with Unify Credit Union, click here to find out more.

Payroll Deduction

Find out more about how to easily pay into your account with us